Monday, January 04, 2010

No Time to Read This? Read This

Many of us use one system or another, or a hybrid-type system to manage the multiple tasks on our over-flowing plate. In this post written by Sue Shellenbarger for the Wall Street Journal Online on December 08, 2009, she analyzes three of the widely known time management systems and shares her personal experience from a brief trial using each method. In no particular order, Ms. Shellenbarger reports on David Allen's Getting Things Done; Francesco Cirillo's The Pomodoro Technique; and, FranklinCovey's Focus program. Although I've been helping people manage their productivity, focus and performance for years and have heard of two of the three she analyzed, I admit that I haven't studied any of the systems nor had any first-hand experience with any of them. The technique I use and help others incorporate into their SuperBusy lives is intuitive from my life experiences and that of the many clients I've had the privilege to coach over the years. So, as I read the descriptions and analysis I am honored to know that The Priority Pro utilizes many of the concepts and strategies that I didn't even know these experts have designed. What validation!! As I continue to hone my methods, maybe someday there will be a widely known method with my name attached but until then, I continue to be available to help the SuperBusy and to encourage people to use what works for them!

No Time to Read This? Read This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home