Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Giving and Receiving in Spirit of the Holiday

During the holiday season there’s much ado about giving and receiving. We spend a lot of money buying gifts and valuable time shopping and wrapping these gifts. What often is forgotten in this hustle and bustle is the simplicity of the holiday spirit.

***********************************************************************
What can you give that’s not costly or time intensive?


What gifts have you received that haven’t been fully appreciated?

**********************************************************************

We had more than a foot of snow last week and several social engagements were canceled. I saw this as a gift of time! With the commitment removed, I now had several hours to prepare at home. I wrapped, decorated and baked. Now, I feel ahead of schedule and I'm actually looking forward to the parties being re-scheduled.

When I'm out and about shopping I consciously greet everyone with a smile. I allow drivers to take my parking space. I invite people with just a few items in front of me in line. I walk around humming Christmas carols and occasionally burst into song.

No, I'm not crazy...I'm simply enjoying the simplicity of giving and receiving. Look for the joy, spread it widely and you'll undoubtedly have a more joyous and happy holiday!

Wishing you peace, joy and happiness!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home